The Kickstarter for Schoolbooks & Sorcery, an anthology of diverse, queer-inclusive, YA urban fantasy, is officially launched.
This is not a drill. This is real life.
It will run for the next 30 days, ending at 3 AM July 1st. Our base goal is $6000, which covers all relevant costs and expenses, especially paying our authors professional rates for their stories, and feeding the alligators in the basement. If we go over this amount, our stretch goals will include acquiring more stories to increase our diversity, interior art, and/or paying everyone, including the editor, more money. I don’t know about you, but I want even more stories.
Future posts will include more hype, excerpts from select stories, and cat pictures. But for now, I wanted to start spreading the news.
Again, here’s the link to the Kickstarter .
Table of Contents, in no particular order:
- “Finals” by Seanan McGuire
- “Protection” by Cheryl Rainfield
- “The Grimoire Girls” by E.C. Myers
- “Where We Come From” by David Sklar
- “Bad Roommates” by Nina Kiriki Hoffman
- “Dirty Deeds” by Kelly Swails
- “Heart of a Fox” by Aaron Canton
- “The Delicate Work of Bees” by Emily Horner
- “Awaken” by Rain Fletcher
- “All That Matters” by Elizabeth Shack
- “The Chosen One” by Katrina Nicholson
- “Fishing for the Dead” by Eric Esser
See you soon.